Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Doctor's Eleven

Late again because of All The Theatre, I'll just do a quick blog on this week's Doctor Who.

"Time Heist" by Steve Thompson and Steven Moffat, directed by Douglas Mackinnon. Spoilers after the cut.

The Moff's being a bit hands-on this series, isn't he? Of course if the alternative is leaving Steve Thompson to his own devices then he should definitely keep helping with the writing himself. "Time Heist" pretty much falls into the "romp" category - maybe I should relax my self-appointed rule to watch each episode twice before blogging about it, because like most of them it doesn't stand up to repeated viewing - certainly not a repeat viewing that close to the first one. Still, corridors eh? You need a bit of running around corridors if you're going to call yourself Doctor Who.

And I can't complain about a bit of Jonathan Bailey (you know which bit I mean, etc etc.) Especially since the door's been left open for him to recur. Was it just me who didn't recognise Pippa Bennett-Warner? Even the second time, knowing it was her, it didn't look like her. I think it's probably that she tends to play pretty down-to-earth characters on stage, so seeing her blasted with the Homer Simpson make-up gun was a very different look for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment