Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2019

The return of Toothy McToothface

Of course, "kolos" is Greek for "arse," so at least it's nice that Chibbers has come round to agreeing with me about his writing.

"The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos" by Chris Chibnall, directed by Jamie Childs. Spoilers after the cut.

I mean I say spoilers but to be honest while it took me a few weeks to get round to sitting through the Doctor Who finale, it then took me until roughly the end of the credits to forget everything about it. I know Mark Addy was in it, because the episode so comprehensively forgot about him for its middle section that I did too, and was then surprised when he turned up again at the end.

On the plus side I did kind of think it was nice that Yas' role in the group now seems to have been defined - I had a suspicion Mandip Gill had the potential to be the best one, as with her now taking the role of the one who actually cares enough to find out about the people they meet and see if they're OK, she's certainly becoming the most likeable. The Doctor being too busy enjoying solving the mystery and saving the day to actually deal with the people in the middle of it is obviously perfectly in character, but despite the fact that Ryan called Graham grandad last episode they still mainly have to talk about that for some reason so they're not available for much else.

Obviously this is also the resolution of the Graham-losing-Grace story, but that resolution comes against Tim Shaw so honestly who cares? Oh, look, it's the alien with the teeth in his face, except the teeth look like zits and... No, that's the beginning and end of his character description.

Well, at least I got this done just before the New Year's episode goes out so that's something, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment